Palak or Spinach is the rich source of vitamins, fiber, iron & Paneer is rich in protein, calcium etc.
Palak Paneer is a very nutritious Punjabi side dish, It can be served with chapatis , parathas or with rice.Palak paneer is one of the easiest spinach recipes. There are many ways to prepare palak paneer but i found this the easiest one..
2 to 3 Bunches of spinach ( Available in Indian Grocery stores)
Oil:- 2-3 Tbsp
Cumin seeds:- 1/2 Tsp
Ginger and Garlic:- 1 Tsp (chopped finely)
Tomato:- 2 big or 3 small
salt as per taste
Turmeric, Red Chilli powder, Garam Masala:- 1/2 tsp each
Cream:- 1/2 cup
Paneer:- 1/2 cup
1) Clean and wash the palak.
2) Blanch the spinach or alternatively you can microwave it for couple of minutes in a microwave safe bowl to save some time.
3) Make a puree of palak in a grinder.
4)Heat oil in a kadai/pan. Add cumin seeds , when they start to splutter add ginger, garlic and stir-fry for a minute.
5) Now add onion and fry till golden brown.
6) Add tomatoes and all the spices and cook until tomatoes become tender.
7) Add palak puree and mix everything well, cook until the palak is well cooked.
8) Add paneer and cream and cook for 2-3 minutes.